Why should you earn your high school equivalency?
1. Earn more money. Someone who earns a high school equivalency diploma can make an average of 37.5% more than someone who doesn’t, which adds up to more than $700,000 over the course of their lifetime.
2. Find a job and keep it. A person without a high school equivalency is three times more likely to be unemployed than someone who has one.
3. You will have a higher quality of life. Having a diploma makes you more likely to live above the poverty line. Adults without a high school diploma are twice as likely to receive public assistance from the government.
4. If you have children, it will improve their health. Children whose parents graduated from high school are less likely to be obese, and more likely to report that they are in good health.
5. You can pursue new opportunities and follow your dreams. Earning a high school equivalency can earn you a raise, a promotion, admission to college courses, or an entirely new career.